After his surgery, Jim received radiation therapy at Penn Medicine Valley Forge.
“The treatments were relatively smooth sailing, and the staff was great,” says Jim. “I am nearly bald, but I was told that I might suffer some hair loss, and my only question was ‘How would I know?’”
Now, nearly two years after his journey with cancer started, Jim remains cancer-free and is still cycling like a champ.
“I can’t say enough about the Abramson Cancer Center,” says Jim. “My surgeon Dr. O’Malley, my oncologist, Dr. Chip Staddon at Penn Medicine at Radnor, and Dr. Geoffrey Geiger at both the Valley Forge and the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine always put me as a person in front of me as a patient. Plus the staff at all locations have been phenomenal.”
Jim adds, “I want my story to give others hope.”
About Penn Radiation Oncology at Valley ForgeThe Abramson Cancer Center at Penn Medicine Valley Forge brings the expertise and prominence of one of the nation's leading cancer centers to Chester County – including the most advanced treatment, groundbreaking research and the compassionate care of leading experts.
Penn's Abramson Cancer Center at Valley Forge offers patients:
- World-class cancer experts right in your community
- 15 consultative exam rooms
- Chemotherapy and innovative medical oncology treatments
- State-of-the-art True Beam™ linear accelerator for radiation oncology
- Consultative surgical services in some specialties
- On-site laboratory and pharmacy services
- Access to the latest clinical trials and research, as well as cutting edge treatments like proton therapy – the most advanced and precise form of radiation therapy in the world.
Penn Radiation Oncologists in Valley ForgeAt Penn Medicine, we don’t just treat cancer, we treat your cancer. And, if you need radiation treatment, rest assured. Whichever of our eight locations you choose, whether it’s downtown or close to home, you get the same Penn doctors. Same Penn evaluation team. All part of Penn Medicine.
We work with you to understand who you are, how you live and even help you find locations close to where you live to create the most personalized treatment plan that considers every radiation option available today. Some, like proton therapy, are found only at Penn.
Penn Medicine Radiation Oncology LocationsIf Valley Forge is not convenient to you, you can still receive radiation therapy at one of our other radiation oncology locations listed below:
- Penn Radiation Oncology Chester County Hospital
- Penn Radiation Oncology Chestnut Hill
- Penn Radiation Oncology Doylestown
- Penn Radiation Oncology Kennett Square
- Penn Radiation Oncology Pennsylvania Hospital
- Penn Radiation Oncology Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine
- Penn Radiation Oncology Radnor