Seize the moment while asparagus is in season with this easy and delicious recipe. Along with being a good source of vitamins, asparagus is high in the micronutrient glutathione, an antioxidant that is believed to boost immune cells and protect the body from viruses.
- 2 bunches of asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2 lemons, sliced thin
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 tsp. chopped fresh oregano or 1 tsp. Dried
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. Fresh ground pepper
* Toss all ingredients in a bowl and spread out on to a baking sheet.
* Roast, occasionally shaking the pan, until the asparagus is tender crisp – approximately 14 minutes.
Adapted from: Eating Well Magazine, April/May 2006.