- 5 stalks green asparagus, tough ends removed
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup leafy salad greens, loosely packed
134 calories, 6g total fat (<1g saturated fat), 16g carbohydrates, 4g protein, 5g dietary fiber, 156mg sodium.
Adapted from the American Institute for Cancer Research Newsletter, Spring 2004, Issue 83, p. 6. http://www.aicr.org/.