This chicken pot pie has been “enhanced” with cancer fighting ingredients by Diana Dyer. Diana is a three-time cancer survivor and an inspiration for cancer survivors everywhere. Her website, cancerrd.com is a wonderful resource if you are seeking to take charge of the way you eat and live. In addition, her entertaining blog http://www.365daysofkale.com/ includes more great recipes.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil + 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 can (14 oz) veggie broth (if using homemade veggie stock, may need to add salt to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2-3 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 12 oz. soy milk (unflavored)
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 16 ounce bag mixed frozen veggies, thawed and drained
- 1/2 -16 ounce can of beans (ex: Adzuki beans - save the other half to add on top of a homemade pizza later in the week or add to a can of ready-to-eat soup)
- Tabasco sauce - just a few drops is enough for a slight kick
- 1 whole chicken breast (3/4 pound), roasted and cut into cubes (can use leftovers)
- 2-3 sheets of phyllo dough (thawed)
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
Reprinted with permission from Diana Dyer, MS, RD, founder of the web site http://www.cancerrd.com/ and author of the book A Dietitian's Cancer Story.