Multi-grain sconesMakes 6 to 9 scones
½ cup oats
½ cup sugar
1 cup white flour
¼ cup canola oil
½ cup wheat flour
½ cup skim/reduced-fat milk
¼ cup wheat germ
2 Tbsp. Millet or Amaranth
¼ tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Center rack in oven.
- Whisk together the egg, sugar, oil and milk in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients and stir together with a spoon or fork.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient bowl to create dough.
- Light grease or spray a baking pan or cookie sheet. Scoop the dough onto the cookie sheet a tablespoon at a time to make 6 to 9 scones.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Joan Karnell Cancer Center. Debra has worked at Pennsylvania Hospital since 1988 with the last 12 years specializing in oncology. Debra guides individuals receiving chemotherapy and radiation as well as addressing survivorship issues including the use of integrative therapies.
She conducts cooking programs and group counseling sessions for cancer survivors.