Enhanced, interactive features provide access to the most up-to-date information on all types of cancer allows users to develop personalized survivorship plans and review the latest cancer research more easily.
Recent changes to the site include enhanced interactive tools for patients, including:
- What's My Risk: A program designed to help users learn about factors that determine their personal risk of many types of cancer and what they can do to decrease that risk.
- LIVESTRONG® Care Plan: Online tool that provides cancer survivors, their family members or their health care provider with an easy-to-follow roadmap for managing their health as they finish treatment and transition to life as a cancer survivor.
- Clinical Trials Matching Service: A search tool that helps patients quickly learn about and evaluate research studies across the nation for which they may be eligible. A telephone matching service is also available.
The new site also offers a comprehensive section for healthcare professional, which includes:
- Nurses Notes: Resources for nurses including patient handouts, newsletters and practice information.
- Patient Education Center: Free handouts covering side effects, medications and procedures.
- Conferences: Coverage of the annual scientific meetings of the oncology societies, and a calendar of global cancer-related meetings.
- OncoLink University: Teaching guides for students at all levels and a core oncology-related course for medical students entitled MD2B.